To 'Open Classroom' on Spires, the tutor must arrive at your scheduled class start time and click 'Start Class', after which the open classroom button will start to flash for both parties.
If your student has problems, refer them to the student version of this article.
If you have done this and you or the student has failed to connect to the classroom, try the following:
1. Click 'Open Classroom' button inside the blue 'Having problems' link.
2. Refresh your browser - This will fix most common issues.
3. Restart your browser - Log out of Spires and close your browser. Open the browser again, and log back in again.
4. Restart your computer - This fixes 99% of problems because it restarts all of your programmes and services and also gives software updates a chance to run. Operating system/browser updates are often the cause of classroom problems.
5. Check your browser compatibility - Please make sure you are using Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox. Microsoft Explorer, Edge and other browsers are not supported.
6. Check Zoom is working - Use this link to test zoom: https://zoom.us/test.
Here is a further guide to Microphone, Audio and Internet problems.
Here is a guide to how zoom works.
If none of these steps help, contact our team using the blue button.