To 'Open Classroom' on Spires, you must arrive at your scheduled class start time and once the tutor has started the class, the open classroom button will start to flash.
If the tutor has started the class but the classroom won't open try the following:
1. Click the 'Open Classroom' button inside the 'Having problems' link
2. Refresh your browser - This will fix most common issues.
3. Restart your browser - Log out of Spires and close your browser. Open the browser again, and log back in again.
4. Restart your computer - This fixes 99% of problems because it restarts all of your programmes and services and also gives software updates a chance to run. Operating system/browser updates are often the cause of classroom problems.
5. Check your browser compatibility - Please make sure you are using Chrome, Safari, or Firefox. Microsoft Explorer and other some other browsers are not supported.
6. Check Zoom is working - Use this link to test zoom: https://zoom.us/test.
Here is a guide to Microphone, Audio and Internet problems.
Here is a guide to how zoom works.
If none of these steps help, or if the other person is more than 15 minutes late to a class, contact the Spires team using the blue button.